Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Locations and Rehearsal Response








My rehearsal didn't go so well but it still was very helpful. I was short one actress during the rehearsal so there are a couple of scenes, we were not able to rehearse. Also, it got dark on us sooner than I thought it would which made me aware that I will have to start the real shoot earlier in the day to get the most out of my locations. I also learned that I need to choreograph the killing scenes a little better to make them appear more realistic. I am also aware now that I need to pay attention more to the characters who are not in action and how they are reacting to the action taking place. I need to work with the actors more on their lines and do many takes of them to get a variety of styles. I learned to try and get all the shots from one camera angle before moving the camera even if they aren't shot in order so I am not spending as much time setting up the camera. I am going to have to take two shots for each shot the ghosts are in, one with them in it and the other without in order to make the layers work. I also realized that if the ghosts are in the same shot as a regular character it may be a problem with the layers. Overall, I think I am on a good start and I am getting more and more organized, which is making things simpler and less stressful.

1 comment:

ry said...

dude these are wild locations.